Sunday, January 23, 2011

My First Faux Pas

I made my first cultural faux pas this morning in the hotel. If you remember, I wrote earlier last week that many of the new apartments need to provide gym and pool facilities separate for men and women. Now, one would think that after hearing about that and writing about it, that I might just remember that this is the norm around here. Well, I didn't and after more than an hour enjoying the whirlpool, steam room, sauna and relaxation room, I found out I was in the MEN'S!!

How did I come to this realization? That's the funny part. I was on my way out with a wet towel and wasn't sure where to put it. At the same time, the hotel worker for the spa area came in and saw me and exclaimed, "Oh Madam! This is not for you. This is for the mens. The women's is over there!" I almost burst out laughing at her reaction, but was soooo embarrassed I held my tongue. They probably have my name in the computer system now and I won't be allowed in either next time I head down there!

What's even more funny in hindsight is the men that must have walked through and saw me, but were too polite to say anything. Thank goodness it wasn't very busy this morning!!

1 comment:

  1. "it wasn't VERY busy"....so it conveniently took awhile to jog your memory about the men/women's thing? haha

    ReplyDelete