Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cracker Spread Recipe

Had a wonderful send off from my Martini Party friends on Friday. Thank you all for coming, the generous gift, and all the warm wishes! I laughed so hard my throat was sore the next morning (a sign of a good party). As promised, here is the recipe for the cracker spread I brought (courtesy of my friend, Sherry). Note: I made a half batch for the party. Enjoy!

1/3 C olive oil
2 packages cream cheese, softened
3 T chopped fresh basil
3 T chopped fresh parsley
1 T minced garlic (I used a bit less)
2/3 C chopped walnuts (I used pecans and roasted them in oven first)
2/3 C dried cranberries

Mix first 5 ingredients together until well blended (you can easily do this by hand). Fold in nuts and cranberries until combined. Cover and let sit in fridge for a few hours to let the flavors blend. Before serving, shape into a ball and serve with crackers of your choice. Keeps well in an airtight container and can be made up to 2 days ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment