Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dubai Outlet Mall

This past weekend, I finally made a trip to the Dubai Outlet Mall. I'd been wanting to go for ages, but as you can imagine, Brian was less inclined, so I took advantage of the fact that he was out of town and made the trip one Friday afternoon.

What a bust!

It's funny because Dubai is considered one of the best shopping destinations in the world, but for me, it stinks. Here's the problem. My idea of 'great' shopping is choice, available sizes and bargains. The shopping here is all about name brands, size 0 and designer price tags. Dubai earns it's status because of the huge variety of designers you can find here, but unfortunately, designer doesn't really mean much to me - paying $75 for a white T-shirt seems silly no matter who's name is on the label.

So, I was really excited to try the outlet mall thinking that even if I couldn't get away from the designers, maybe at least they would be in my price range. And, to be fair, some of them were, but then I'd run into the size problem. I'll not share my size on this public forum, but suffice to say sizes 0-4 aren't going to work for me and for the most part, that's about all I found.

I did, however, have a nice day out, just didn't come home with a single thing! (and those of you who know me, realize that's a pretty bad afternoon of shopping!) Oh well, guess that just leaves more money for vacation travel! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment